250 Hour Certification Requirements and Tuition
Registered as a 200 hour yoga teacher training program with Yoga Alliance. Our training program far exceeds the requirements of Yoga Alliance.
The training is designed for those who want to become yoga teachers as well as for those who want to deepen their own personal practice and immerse themselves in the study of all aspects of yoga. At least one year of yoga experience is required to enroll (includes home practice and/or studio class practice). Your commitment to learning and dedication to your own personal transformation is key to enjoying the benefits of the training.
The Training Program involves our regular training sessions; elective workshops; homework; anatomy training; self-study for final research topic; observing and assisting senior teachers; and student teaching. All components are extremely valuable for your development as a teacher.
Click to view the Course Catalog and Enrollment Agreement
A Typical Training Session Includes
Certification Requirements (203 contact hours, plus non-contact hours)
* Fees for required and elective workshops are not included in tuition.
Book Requirements for Homework Assignments (Purchase on your own)
Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Translated by Swami Satchidananda
Scientific Keys 1: Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long
Anatomy and Yoga: A Guide for Teachers and Students by Ellen Saltonstall
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Manual (included in your tuition).
Required Reading for Certification:
Choose 4 out of the 6 books listed below to read on your own. Write and submit a 1-2 page book review for each.
Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh
Bringing Yoga to Life by Donna Farhi
The Tree of Yoga by BKS Iyengar
Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life by Judith Lasater
Fire of Love: For Students of Life and Teachers of Yoga by Aadil Palkhivala
Health, Healing and Beyond by T.K.V. Desikachar
$3500 Early Price if paid in full one month prior to first day of class.
$3750 Regular Price
4% transaction fee added for credit card payments. Save by paying with cash or check.
$150 additional fee for Payment Plan
10 free yoga classes at Prairie Yoga are included with your tuition!
Upon request, refunds will be provided as follows:
• Before the first training class*, your tuition will be refunded minus $150.
• On the day of or after the first training class*, your tuition will be refunded minus $250.
• On the day of the second training class*, your tuition will be refunded minus $500.
• No refunds are available after the second training class*.
• If you withdraw from the training and qualify for a refund, you will be charged a $25 drop-in fee for each class used from the 10 pack and the remaining unused classes in the 10 pack will be canceled.
• If you are on a payment plan and withdraw from the course after the 2nd training class, you are required to continue making payments until the tuition has been paid in full and will not receive a refund.
• You must return your teacher training manual to receive your refund.
• All refunds shall be returned within 30 days.
*one class = one calendar day
Registration Information, Schedules and Application links are located on the right side of the page.