25 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Course
Friday-Sunday, January 25-27, 2019
Friday, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday, 10:30 am – 7:00 pm
(with 1 hour break each day)
Yoga for Children with Special Needs
offers fun, hands-on and effective strategies for teaching yoga to children of diverse abilities. Participants will learn tools to support children ages 5-17 with self-regulation, body awareness, social skills, expression of difficult emotions, language and communication and so much more! Learn strategies, supports and modifications to teach yoga to children with ADD, ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome, Prader-Willi, Williams Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, sensory integration difficulties, language processing difficulties, developmental delays, limited mobility, anxiety, behavioral challenges and more!Participants Will Receive
This training is great for yoga teachers, educators, parents, and anyone who is passionate about sharing the benefits of yoga with children of all abilities.
- Playful and passionate connection with a like-minded community
- Comprehensive manual, resource list, Shawnee Thornton’s book: Asanas for Autism and Special Needs – Yoga to Help Children with Their Emotions, Self-regulation and Body Awareness and a certificate of completion
- 25-hours packed full of learning, yoga lesson plans, games, songs, stories, partner and group poses & activities
- Anatomy and physiology, precautions and contraindications related to children with special needs
- Creative, fun and safe suggestions for asanas (physical poses), pranayama (breathing strategies) and relaxation and mindfulness activities.
- Suggestions for props, modifications, adaptations, tools and supports to meet the needs of diverse cognitive and physical abilities
- Chair Yoga for “yoga breaks” and for children with limited mobility
- Positive behavior strategies
- Trauma sensitive approaches
- Poses and breathing strategies to support self-regulation, sensory-processing and expressing/releasing difficult emotions
- Suggestions for how to structure classes and lesson plans for groups with diverse needs.
Participants will Receive:
A signed copy of Shawnee Thornton’s book, a manual, a Certificate of Completion in 25-hours of Yoga for Children with Special Needs (upon completing the requirements of the course) and 20% off the C.A.L.M.M Yoga Toolkit.
$600 by Friday, December 14, 2018;
4.5% transaction fee added for credit card payments.
Special Refund Policy In Effect
We understand that plans occasionally change and unanticipated circumstances sometime arise. It is therefore necessary that we have consistent refund policies in effect that are fair to you, the studio and the presenter. Thank you for your support and understanding.
- For refund requests 30 days or more in advance or more students will be charged a 15% administrative fee.
- No refund requests or credits will be given less than 30 calendar days in advance.
- If you do not attend any part of the event, no pro-rating, refunds or credit will be given.
- Students may transfer their registration to another student and notify host in advance.