200 Hour Certification Requirements and Tuition
The training is designed for those who want to become yoga teachers as well as for those who want to deepen their own personal practice and immerse themselves in the study of all aspects of yoga. At least one year of yoga experience is required to enroll (includes home practice and/or studio class practice). Your commitment to learning and dedication to your own personal transformation is key to enjoying the benefits of the training.
The Training Program involves our regular training sessions; elective workshops; homework; anatomy training; self-study for final research topic; observing and assisting senior teachers; and student teaching. All components are extremely valuable for your development as a teacher.
Click to view the Course Catalog and Enrollment Agreement
A Typical Training Session Includes
- A dedicated yoga practice that includes asana, pranayama and meditation
- Lecture and group discussion on yoga philosophy, the application of yoga techniques, sequencing and energetics
- Experiential work with alignment and manual adjustments
- Practice teaching to your peers to develop your teaching style and improve your communication skills
Certification Requirements (203 contact hours, plus non-contact hours)
- 117 contact hours of yoga teacher training classes with primary teacher(s)
- 24 contact hours of Teacher Training at Prairie Yoga with Tias Little, Judith Hanson Lasater or Gill Solberg*
- 15 contact hours of Fundamentals of Yoga Anatomy Training with Marinda Stopforth, plus 6 hours of non-contact anatomy workbook.*
- 12 contact hours of Sanskrit and Yoga Philosophy with Nicolai Bachman*
- 18 contact hours of elective workshops at Prairie Yoga*
- 15 contact hours of observing and assisting senior teachers
- Complete all homework assignments (approximately 3-5 hours per week)
- Teach 2 community classes and write a 1-2 page reflection for each. (Mentor feedback provides 2 contact hours)
- Select 4 books from the book list for certification. For each book, read and write a 2 page review highlighting key ideas that most and least resonated with you.
- Teach 2 private yoga lessons and write an overview
- Community Service/Karma yoga: Teach yoga to a needy group at no charge
- Proof of CPR certification
- Complete a 20 hour self-study project in a specialty area of yoga that interests you. Present your exploration as a document, video, class or other medium appropriate for your topic
- Demonstrate the ability to teach an inspiring Level 1-2 yoga class clearly, safely and appropriately.
* Fees for required and elective workshops are not included in tuition.
Book Requirements for Homework Assignments (Purchase on your own)
Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Translated by Swami Satchidananda
Scientific Keys 1: Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Manual (included in your tuition).
Required Reading for Certification:
Choose 4 out of the 6 books listed below to read on your own. Write and submit a 1-2 page book review for each.
Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh
Bringing Yoga to Life by Donna Farhi
The Tree of Yoga by BKS Iyengar
Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life by Judith Lasater
Fire of Love: For Students of Life and Teachers of Yoga by Aadil Palkhivala
Health, Healing and Beyond by T.K.V. Desikachar
$3500 Early Price if paid in full one month prior to first day of class.
$3750 Regular Price
4% transaction fee added for credit card payments. Save by paying with cash or check.
$150 additional fee for Payment Plan
Registration Information, Schedules and Application links are located on the right side of the page.