This course will provide
instructions on maintaining your physical, mental and emotional health as you age. The main focus of the course is on preventative strategies, covering:
• Strength • Flexibility • Agility
• Balance • Stress Management • Circulatory System/Heart Health
• Brain Health • Medical Conditions (in general) • Equanimity
We’ll present the scientific background that explains how and why yoga works to foster healthy aging, so you’ll understand which techniques to use when. We’ll also teach you the essential yoga poses, yoga sequences and other practices that will set you up for a lifetime of practice.
This intensive is designed for relatively healthy and physically able participants.For certified yoga teachers
, this course will provide supplemental, specialized training in yoga for healthy aging techniques, which you can then teach to your own students.For yoga students with one or more years of experience
, this course will provide you with the tools to create a personalized yoga program that meets your particular needs and concerns.For Teachers Who Want YFHA Certification, You Will Need To:
Attend an extra session on Saturday, Oct. 28, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, where you’ll do a short teaching demonstration.
Pass the take-home final we provide.Not Included in workshop:
- Instructions for seniors who cannot stand unaided and need to practice in chairs
- Information about yoga as therapy for specific medical conditions
$950 early price paid in full by Friday, Sept. 8, 2017;
Training & Certification:
$1100 early price paid in full by Friday, Sept. 8, 2017;
4.5% added for credit card transactions.
(To save credit card transaction fee, mail or drop off a check to Prairie Yoga)
Open to all *experienced students and all yoga teachers from any tradition (*minimum one year yoga experience)
SPECIAL REFUND POLICY IN EFFECT
We understand that plans occasionally change and unanticipated circumstances sometimes arise. It is therefore necessary that we have consistent refund policies that are fair to you, the studio and the presenter. Thank you for your support and understanding.
- For refund requests by Friday, August 4, 2017, students will be refunded 50% of paid tuition.
- No refunds or credits will be given after Friday, August 4, 2017.
- If you do not show up for any part of the event, no refunds or credit will be given.
- Students may transfer their registration to another student and notify host.