MIRA BINZEN is the Co-Founder/Director of Training at Global Family Yoga. She is a registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance at the 500-hour level (E-RYT, RCYT), a certified iRest Yoga Nidra teacher and a professional Integrative Yoga Therapist (1,000-hour level certificate). She holds a degree in Child Psychology from The University of Minnesota's Institute of Child Development, with specialized study in Communication Disorders, and has been training people to teach yoga to children since 2002. Mira is the instructor of the 95 Hour Children's Yoga Teacher Training. The training begins January 2016.
Mira Binzen instructs the following:
Children’s Yoga Teacher Training & Certification 2017
One weekend per month for 6 months
January 28 - June 25, 2017
Saturday - Sunday, 9:00-5:30 pm*
95 Hour Certification
Jan 28-29 / Feb 25-26 / March 25-26 / April 22-23
May 20-21 (*10:30 am - 6:30 pm) / June 24-25, 2017
This comprehensive training program
is for yoga teachers who wish to specialize in teaching Yoga to children. This program will give you the specialized tools and techniques for making Yoga engaging, effective and safe for kids of all ages. Once completed, you will have the necessary training required to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Children's Yoga Teacher (RCYT). You must also complete 30 hours of teaching after you are certified before you can register.
This training will teach you:
- Sound Child Development Principles. When you understand where a child is at developmentally, you can plan a practice that is safe and engaging. This is at the heart of our training and you will gain the confidence to meet each child as they are.
- Sensory Integration. Each child responds to the world based on how they perceive it through the senses. Learn what sensory integration is and how it influences a child’s mood, behavior and ability to learn. The practice of Yoga supports optimal sensory functioning so you can help kids feel good on all levels.
- Cooperative Classroom Strategies. Every behavior emitted is an attempt to meet a need. Learn how to recognize the need behind the behavior. You will also learn techniques that create calm, positive energy in your yoga classes - and your life.
- Yoga Nidra. This is a deeply transformative practice. Yoga nidra sessions during the training will help to integrate your learning experiences. You will then learn how to deliver this practice to children. Help them learn to self-regulate and develop self-mastery.
- Personal Practice. There is no nurturing anyone until you have nurtured yourself. Develop or transform your personal practice to become a deep well of energy, inspiration and calm. We strive to help you live a life of purpose, connection and ease.
- Lots of Yoga Techniques! You will learn a catalog of techniques – breathing, postures, relaxation, mudras, meditation and more. All designed to be safe, engaging and effective for each child’s developmental need.
- Fun! When was the last time you got to gather with a group of amazing people to laugh and play for days? Our comprehensive training is grounded in hands-on learning and when it comes to kids, that means FUN!
$1795 by Friday, December 16, 2016;
4.5% added for credit card transactions.