Tias Little is committed to teaching yoga as a contemplative path, leading to greater sensitivity, tolerance and deep understanding (prajna). His approach to the practice is inter-disciplinary, passionate, intelligent, innovative and full of insight. Tias synthesizes years of study in classical yoga, Sanskrit, Buddhist studies, anatomy, massage, and trauma healing. Tias began studying the work of B.K.S Iyengar in 1984 and lived in Mysore India in 1989 studying Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with Pattabhi Jois. Thus his teaching brings together precision of alignment, anatomical detail and a profound meditative experience. Tias is a licensed massage therapist and his somatic studies include in-depth training in cranial-sacral therapy. His practice and teaching is influenced by the work of Ida Rolf, Moshe Feldenkrais and Thomas Hanna. Tias is a long time student of the meditative arts and Buddhist studies beginning with Vipassana and continuing in Tibetan Buddhism and Zen. His teaching style is unique in being able to weave together poetic metaphor with clear instruction filled with compassion and humor. In addition to teaching throughout the US and around the world, Tias currently offers on-line classes through Yoga Glo.Tias earned a Masters degree in Eastern Philosophy from St. John’s College Santa Fe in 1998. He lives in Santa Fe New Mexico where he directs his school Prajna Yoga with his wife Surya and is author of three books, The Thread of Breath, Meditations on a Dewdrop and The Yoga of the Subtle Body, to be published by Shambhala Press in December 2014.
Tias Little instructs the following:
Yoga Anatomy Training: From The Ground Up
April 27-30, 2017
Thursday - Sunday
9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (with 1.5 hour lunch break)
This course is NOW OPEN TO ALL!
$600 by Friday, March 31, 2017;
4.5% added for credit card transactions.
Join Tias Little
for in-depth exploration of the foundational teachings of the yoga practice.
- Learn to open the body with “mobilization” and “stabilization” techniques.
- Review the key anatomical structures that relate to the arches of the feet and detail how the feet are “the foundation to the temple of the body”.
- Study the leg’s musculature, arteries and nerve channels.
- Study the importance of aligning the knees and femurs to achieve balance in the pelvis.
- Study the inner, outer and core myofascial meridians in the legs.
- Learn the importance of the sacrum relative to the muladhara and svadhisthana chakras.
- Study mula and uddiyana bandha while undertaking an in-depth study of the iliopsoas and its preeminent position in the body.
Tias incorporates wisdom from texts including the Rg Veda; Katha Upanishad; the Buddha’s teachings and the Yoga Sutras, with insight from the Ashtanga Yoga system. Join him in chanting, to experience its power and to discuss how this may accompany the practice.
SPECIAL REFUND POLICY IN EFFECT!
We understand that plans occasionally change and unanticipated circumstances sometimes arise. It is therefore necessary that we have consistent refund policies that are fair to you, the studio and the presenter. Thank you for your support.
- For refund requests at least one month prior to the start of the event, you may request a refund less 15%.
- For refund requests less than one month and more than 2 weeks prior to the start of the event, you may request a refund less 50%.
- No refunds or credits will be given for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the event.
- If you do not show up for an event, no refunds or credit will be given.
- No pro-rates, credits or transfers are available for any of our special events for classes/days that you are absent or unable to attend (includes class series and workshops). We appreciate your understanding of this policy.