Teacher Training Classes
Saturday - Sunday10:30 am - 5:00 pm
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED EVENTS
Trainees must attend all three eventsat an additional charge (fees are not included in the teacher training tuition).
Marinda Stopforth Fundamentals of Yoga Anatomy
3 Schedule Options:
(6) Tuesday evenings January 3 – Feb 14, 2017
OR Weekend, Friday evening - Sunday: September 23-25, 2016 OR March 17-19, 2017
$300 due 3 weeks prior;
Nicolai BachmanCakras, Sanskrit and The Yoga Sutras Unraveled*
Friday - Sunday, November 3-5, 2017 (12 hours)
$275 by Oct. 6, 2017;
Tias Little From The Ground Up Yoga Teacher Training
Thursday - Sunday, April 27-30, 2017,
9:30 am - 5:00 pm (24 hours)
$600 by March 31, 2017;
* Schedule & requirements subject to change
Additional Certification Requirements
- Attend 18 hours of elective master yoga teacher workshops.*
- Observe and assist a senior teacher:15 hours.
- Complete all homework assignments (approximately 3-5 hours per week).
- Teach 2 community classes.
- Read 4 of the 7 required books and write a 1-2 page review for each.
- Teach 2 private yoga lessons and write an overview.
- Teach yoga to a needy group at no charge (community service/karma yoga).
- Provide proof of CPR certification.
- Complete a 20-hour self-study project in a specialty area of yoga that interests you. Present your exploration as a document, video, class or other medium appropriate for your topic.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach an inspiring Level 1-2 yoga class clearly, safely and appropriately.
- Fees for required and elective workshops are not included in tuition.
10 FREE yoga classes at Prairie Yoga are included with your tuition!
$3500 paid in full by Friday, Jan 6, 2017;
$150 additional fee for payment plans.
4.5% transaction fee added for credit card payments
*Elective workshops, anatomy and philosophy training, props and books not included in fees.
Schedule and requirements subject to change
April 18, 25, May 2, 9, 2017
We live in two worlds, the external world of work, family, and community and the internal world of our deepest reality and "self" perception. The goal is to live skillfully in both of these worlds and learn to balance them. Meditation helps guide us through the desire to know ourselves on all levels and to become more loving, dynamic and creative in the external world.
We will begin with 15 minutes of gentle yoga to relax the nervous system, then practice a different type of meditation each week, from breath work to visualization, to explore the inner world and find what is most relevant and useful for us. This class is useful for both creating a meditation practice and deepening an existing one. Time is allowed at the end of each class for questions and discussion.
$100 due by Friday, April 14, 2017;
4.5% transaction fee added for credit card payments.
Open to all students - from beginners to experienced students.
Tantric Vinyasa utilizes breath-synchronized movement and sequencing to direct energy toward a specific intention. For example, the focus of the class may be on a particular vayu, guna, or chakra. Practice includes the use of asana, pranayama, chanting, bandhas, mudras, and meditation. Geared toward experienced students who want to move their practice deeper and explore the subtle energy body.