Lori Gaspar, BFA, MA, 500 E-RYT, is the Director of Prairie Yoga. Known as a "teacher of teachers," she serves on Yoga Alliance’s Ethics and Standards Advisory committees and was named by Yoga Chicago as an outstanding woman leader in Chicago’s yoga community. She has been featured in Mantra Yoga+Health, Yoga Chicago, and Yoga Teacher Magazine. Lori’s dynamic teaching emphasizes alignment of the body, mind and spirit; mindfulness; and cultivating inner wisdom. Unfazed by the latest yoga craze, she guides students to look within to realize their dharma. Lori has a B.F.A., magna cum laude, in visual communications and a M.A. in design management. She is certified by the Morton Arboretum, Lisle, IL in Home Landscape Horticulture. She is very active in local issues and served for seven years as President, Board of Education, Community Consolidated School District 89.
Lori Gaspar instructs the following:
Multi-style Yoga 2-3
In this multi-style class, experience a variety of intermediate to advanced yoga techniques and sequences to challenge yourself and deepen your practice. Class emphasizes fine-tuning alignment in asana, moving with the breath, innovative sequences and the exploration of the more subtle aspects of practice. May include pranayama, inversions, arm balances, and back bends. Easier levels and modifications are provided for students to progress safely. For healthy, experienced students only.
ADV TT: Energetics, Pranayama and Ayurveda Tuesdays 2017
Advanced Training Core Course Module
Counts toward 500 Hour certification or you may enroll without pursuing certification
INSTRUCTORS: Lori Gaspar and Alison Larkin
PREREQUISITE: Completion of a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Enhance your understanding of the energetic, psychological and subtle bodies, with a special focus on the prana vagus and chakras, so that your teaching penetrates deeper layers of being.
- Experience and learn how to teach deep relaxation and yoga nidra. This includes the use of props to support the body and facilitate deep relaxation.
- Expand your knowledge, deepen your personal practice and refine your teaching of pranayama.
- Establish a daily and seasonal routine based upon the principles of Ayurveda.
Required Books (purchase on your own):
Light on Pranayama by B.K.S. Iyengar
Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
The Hidden Secret of Ayurveda by Dr. Robert E. Svoboda
The yoga teacher training manual is included in your tuition.
$945 early price paid by Tuesday, March 7, 2017
4.5% transaction fee added for credit card payments
Auto-pay monthly payment option now available! Pay your tuition in 3 affordable monthly payments of $362.33 each!
Click here for payment plan
200 hour Foundation Yoga Teacher Training: Thursdays 2016
(26) Thursdays, 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
September 29, 2016 - May 4, 2017
No class: 11/24; 12/12 -12/29; 3/30
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED EVENTS
Trainees must attend all three events at an additional charge (fees are not included in the teacher training tuition).
Marinda Stopforth: Fundamentals of Yoga Anatomy
3 Schedule Options:
(6) Tues evenings Jan 3 – Feb 14, 2017
OR Weekend Friday eve - Sunday: Sept. 23-25, 2016 OR March 17-19, 2017
$300 due 3 weeks prior; $350 thereafter
Nicolai Bachman: Cakras, Sanskrit and The Yoga Sutras Unraveled*
Friday - Sunday, Nov. 4-6, 2016 (12 hours)
$250 by Oct. 7, 2016; $300 thereafter
Tias Little: From The Ground Up Yoga Anatomy Teacher Training
Thursday - Sunday, April 27-30, 2017,
9:30 am - 5:00 pm (24 hours)
$600 by March 30, 2017; $700 thereafter
Additional Certification Requirements
Fees for required and elective workshops are not included in tuition.
- Attend 18 hours of elective master yoga teacher workshops.*
- Observe and assist a senior teacher:15 hours.
- Complete all homework assignments (approximately 3-5 hours per week).
- Teach 2 community classes.
- Read 4 of the 6 required books and write a 1-2 page review for each.
- Teach 2 private yoga lessons and write an overview.
- Teach yoga to a needy group at no charge (community service/karma yoga).
- Provide proof of CPR certification.
- Complete a 20-hour self-study project in a specialty area of yoga that interests you. Present your exploration as a document, video, class or other medium appropriate for your topic.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach an inspiring Level 1-2 yoga class clearly, safely and appropriately.
$3500 if paid in full by 9/1/16
$150 extra fee for payment plans.
4.5% transaction fee is added for credit card payments
$100 application processing fee (non-refundable, except if you are not accepted)
*Elective workshops, anatomy and philosophy training, props and books not included in fees.
Schedule and requirements subject to change
Teacher Training Review Workshop
Come back to teacher training for a special workshop designed as a teacher trainee review session. This is an to opportunity to ask questions and review training on any topic covered in our 200 hour yoga teacher training. Gain clarification on yoga philosophy, alignment, sequencing or any other aspect of the training. Lori and Tricia will cater the workshop around topics requested by those attending.
This review workshop is open to any current trainees or graduates of the 200 Hour Prairie Yoga teacher training as well as teachers from other traditions.
After you register, email questions you want covered and requested topics to:
email@example.com by Friday, May 5, 2017
Please write “TT Review Request” in the subject line of your email.
$50 each paid one week prior;
Additional 4.5% transaction fee added for credit card payments