For those who want to work on healing from injury, chronic conditions, or any other issue that needs extra-special attention. Each class will allow you to work within your capacity and be adapted for the needs of those who attend. Give yourself this time to focus on healing your body, mind and spirit.
All-Embracing is a variation on our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training for those who prefer a gentle or modified approach to the physical postures.
Learn the essence of the classical postures and how to adapt them to support your own personal practice and the individual abilities of others. This variation is ideal for those who:
- have health challenges
- prefer a gentler approach
- want to teach a modified yoga approach to others
With a special emphasis on making the physical postures more accessible, the overall content of the training is the same as our regular 200 hour program. You will learn how to use the tools and techniques from all eight limbs of Yoga. Our philosophy is non-dogmatic. We offer a contemporary approach deeply rooted in the ancient wisdom of classical Yoga.
Teacher Training Classes
(26) Fridays, 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
October 6, 2017 - June 1, 2018
No class: Oct 27, Nov 3, Nov 24, Dec 22, Dec 29, Mar 30, April 27, May 18
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED EVENTS
Trainees must attend all three events at an additional charge (fees are not included in the teacher training tuition). Several schedule options available for each event.
Marinda Stopforth: Fundamentals of Yoga Anatomy
Weekend: Friday evening - Sunday
September 15-17, 2017
March 16- 18, 2018
September 28-30, 2018
Tuesday evenings: Jan 2 - Feb 6, 2018
$300 due 3 weeks prior; $350 thereafter
Nicolai Bachman: Yoga Philosophy Training
Friday evening - Sunday
November 3-5, 2017
April 27-29, 2018
$300 one month prior; $345 thereafter
Tias Little or Ali Modell: Prajna Yoga Anatomy and Wisdom Training
Friday evening - Sunday
Option With Ali Modell
Feb 16-18, 2018
$375 one month prior; $410 thereafter
Options with Tias Little:
November 9-11, 2018
April 26-28, 2019
$410 one month prior; $460 thereafter
Additional Certification Requirements
- Complete 15 hours of Fundamentals of Yoga Anatomy training with Marinda Stopforth plus 6 hours of non-contact anatomy workbook.*
- Attend 15 hours of Tias Little/Prajna Yoga Anatomy and Wisdom Training*
- Attend 18 hours of elective master yoga teacher workshops.*
- Attend 12 hours of Sanskrit and yoga philosophy with Nicolai Bachman.*
- Observe and assist a senior teacher:15 hours.
- Complete all homework assignments (approximately 3-5 hours per week).
- Teach 2 community classes.
- Read 4 of the 6 required books and write a 1-2 page review for each.
- Teach 2 private yoga lessons and write an overview.
- Teach yoga to a needy group at no charge (community service/karma yoga).
- Provide proof of CPR certification.
- Complete a 20-hour self-study project in a specialty area of yoga that interests you. Present your exploration as a document, video, class or other medium appropriate for your topic.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach an inspiring Level 1-2 yoga class clearly, safely and appropriately.
$3500 early price paid by Friday, September 15, 2017;
$150 additional fee for payment plans.
4.5% transaction fee added for credit card payments
10 FREE yoga classes at Prairie Yoga are included with your tuition!
*Elective workshops, anatomy and philosophy training, props and books not included in fees.
*Schedule and requirements subject to change