Marinda Stopforth, OTR/L, 500 CYT is an Occupational Therapist at Edwards Hospital in Naperville, IL. She is experienced in the therapeutic application of yoga. Marinda earned her 500-hour certification through Prairie Yoga and 200-hour through Moksha Yoga Center. Marinda teaches anatomy for Prairie Yoga’s 200 hour teacher training programs. She has worked as an aromatherapist, reflexologist and is a qualified Reiki Master Teacher. She is a residential trainer in the study of consciousness for the Monroe Institute in Virginia with her husband, Bob, and is also a certified 1:1 Provider for the Institute of HeartMath in California.
Marinda Stopforth instructs the following:
ADV TT: Yoga Philosophy, Yoga History and Meditation Weekends 2017
Advanced Training Core Course Module
Counts toward 500 Hour certification or you may enroll without pursuing certification
Prerequisite: Completion of a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program or permission from instructor
Saturday - Sunday,
12:00 - 4:30 pm
May 6-7 / June 3-4 / July 8-9 / August 5-6, 2017
- Plunge deep into key concepts and readings in classical yoga philosophy, including Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, The Bhagavad Gita, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and the primary Upanishads in detail.
- Understand the principles of yoga psychology and Samkhya philosophy.
- Learn the history of yoga and how it relates to modern teaching.
- Explore a variety of meditation techniques and learn how to teach meditation effectively in a yoga class.
- Course will include a yoga practice each meeting.
There is in-depth reading required for this course. Please allow time in your weekly schedule for homework.
Required Books (purchase on your own):
Light on Life by B.K.S Iyengar
Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Edwin Bryant's translation is is recommended.
The Bhagavad Gita translated by Eknath Easwaran
The Upanishads translated by Eknath Easwaran
$755 early price paid in full by Friday, April 7, 2017;
4.5% transaction fee added for credit card payments
Auto-pay monthly payment option now available!
Pay your tuition in 3 affordable monthly payments of $289.00 each!
Click here for payment plan