In this multi-style class, experience a variety of intermediate to advanced yoga techniques and sequences to challenge yourself and deepen your practice. Class emphasizes fine-tuning alignment in asana, moving with the breath, innovative sequences and the exploration of the more subtle aspects of practice. May include pranayama, inversions, arm balances, and back bends. Easier levels and modifications are provided for students to progress safely. For healthy, experienced students only.
This multi-style class is for experienced beginners and intermediate students looking to build strength and flexibility and improve their overall well-being. A wide variety of yoga postures, breathing exercises and meditation techniques are taught. The teacher will give options and provide guidance so that all students can participate safely.
Advanced Training Core Course Module
Counts toward 500 Hour certification or you may enroll without pursuing certification
Prerequisite: Completion of a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program or permission from instructor
Saturday - Sunday,
12:00 - 4:30 pm
May 6-7 / June 3-4 / July 8-9 / August 5-6, 2017
- Plunge deep into key concepts and readings in classical yoga philosophy, including Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, The Bhagavad Gita, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika and the primary Upanishads in detail.
- Understand the principles of yoga psychology and Samkhya philosophy.
- Learn the history of yoga and how it relates to modern teaching.
- Explore a variety of meditation techniques and learn how to teach meditation effectively in a yoga class.
- Course will include a yoga practice each meeting.
There is in-depth reading required for this course. Please allow time in your weekly schedule for homework.
Required Books (purchase on your own):
Light on Life by B.K.S Iyengar
Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhananda
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Edwin Bryant's translation is is recommended.
The Bhagavad Gita translated by Eknath Easwaran
The Upanishads translated by Eknath Easwaran
$755 early price paid in full by Friday, April 7, 2017;
4.5% transaction fee added for credit card payments
Auto-pay monthly payment option now available!
Pay your tuition in 3 affordable monthly payments of $289.00 each!
Click here for payment plan