Yoga Adaptations and Therapeutic Applications Intensive:
100 Hour Certificate/Advanced Training
Take the next step to develop your therapeutic skills.
For those interested in a deeper exploration of adaptations and therapeutic applications, this 100 hour specialized training builds on the skills and information from Prairie Yoga’s Adaptations, Common Conditions and Special Populations advanced training module. Learn how to help students create more ease and stability, find more functional movement patterns and integrate well-being into their life using the eight limbs of yoga. Build confidence in your ability to establish a fulfilling private practice and increase your earning potential as a yoga teacher specialized in adaptive yoga for therapeutic applications. Learn how to integrate SomaYoga, a blend of yoga and Somatics, into a your own personal practice, classes and therapeutic privates. Develop your own emotional clarity in order to provide a safe space when working with students. What you can expect to learn:
- Specialized training in how to apply yoga for the therapeutic needs of a variety of students
- Introduction to SomaYoga, a blend of yoga and somatic practices to re-educate the fascia and muscle/brain connections
- Understand Somatic habitual patterns
- Practical application with SomaYoga clinics to demonstrate integration of course material
- Practical application of body reading and gait analysis
- Study of the myofascial lines relative to movement and function
- Assess students and develop yoga plans for work in private settings
- How to build a private practice working therapeutically
- Research and complete pathology reports on common disorders of the body
- Develop a better understanding of the Yamas and Niyamas
- Understand how to work with emotional trauma, anxiety and depression
- Develop your own emotional skills with guest presenter Tricia Fiske, 500 E-RYT
- Integrate Ayurveda for healing into your yoga teaching with guest presenter Alison Larkin, 500 E-RYT
- Yoga from the perspective of a physical therapist with guest presenter, Donna Ohman, PTA, 200 RYT
- Gain insight into developing professionally as a yoga teacher and the ethics of working therapeutically
The Adaptations, Common Conditions and Special Populations module* in Prairie Yoga’s advanced yoga teacher training and/or 500 hour certification from Prairie Yoga.
OR 500 hour certification from other yoga schools with prior experience studying or working with yoga therapeutically. Provide details on your application - must be approved by Prairie Yoga.*If you have not taken it yet, the Adaptations, Common Conditions and Special Populations module is scheduled for weekends in Fall 2017. PRIMARY INSTRUCTORLinda Troutman, BS, C-IAYT, 500 E-RYT,
has practiced yoga for over 30 years and taught for 16 years. Linda is a I-AYT yoga therapist with a 1000 hour yoga therapy certification from Yoga North and International Soma Yoga Institute. She is primary faculty for the 200 and 500 hour teacher trainings at Prairie Yoga. Linda has earned a Certificate for Therapeutic Yoga for Seniors Professional Training from Duke Integrative Medicine; is certified 500 hour by Prairie Yoga; and is a Certified YogaKids® teacher.SCHEDULE
60 Contact Hours5 weekends: one weekend per month February - June 2018Saturdays, 1:00 - 6:30 pmSundays, 11:00 am - 6:30 pm
February 3-4, 2018
March 3-4, 2018
April 7-8, 2018
May 5-6, 2018
June 2-3, 2018TUITION$1750 paid in full by Friday, January 5, 2018;
$1925 thereafter$100 additional fee for payment plans. 4.5% transaction fee added for credit card payments
5 FREE yoga classes are included with your tuition!
Begins with your first tuition payment and expires August 31, 2018.
Special events, series classes, workshops and trainings are not included. No exceptions. No cash value. Non-transferable. Non-extendable.
Those that fulfill all requirements of this training will be provided a 100 hour certificate of completion by Prairie Yoga. This training does not qualify you to be a registered yoga therapist. In addition, Yoga Alliance does not recognize the therapeutic applications of yoga and therefore this training is not part of the Yoga Alliance registry.ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION
For teachers who want the Yoga Applications and Therapeutic Applications Certificate, you will need to complete 40 non-contact hours:
- (3) Body Reading assignments: 9 hours
- Practical application and write up of 4 SomaYoga privates: 8 hours
- Pathology reports: 5 hours
- Reports on Yamas and Niyamas:6 hours
- Meditations and Sutra reflections, Four Desires work:10 hours
- Complete a take home final exam with 90% accuracy: 2 hours
Plan on approximately 5 hours per month reading to prepare for classwork.
Prairie Yoga Adaptations and Therapeutic Applications Certification manual is included with tuition.
Purchase on your own:
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS
- The Therapeutic Wisdom Volume 1: Foundations 2017 by Doug Keller
(must be purchased from www.doyoga.com/bookstore.hml)
- Anatomy Trains by Thomas W. Myers
- Somatics, Reawakening the Mind’s Control of Movement, Flexibility and Health by Thomas Hanna
- Move Without Pain by Martha Peterson
- Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- The Four Desires by Rod Stryker
- The Four Desires Workbook
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (any version)
In order to create a high-level learning environment, the program will not accept more than 15 students in the training.Schedule and requirements subject to change APPLICATION
To register, answer the application questions below and send via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Primary Phone
- E-mail address
- Emergency Contact
- Date of Birth
- Name of yoga school where you received 200 and/or 500 hour yoga teaching certification and year of certification
- If you are not a Prairie Yoga 500 teacher or you have not attended the Prairie Yoga Adaptation module; please tell us about your teacher trainings. Where and with whom? What was the focus of the training?
- How long have you been practicing and teaching yoga? What style or type of class do you teach?
- Do you have a job? If so, please describe.
- Why are you considering this certification?
- Please describe your emotional and mental health.
- How is your health now? Do you have any recent injuries? Please describe.
- Are you currently taking any medications? Please describe.
- List activities, hobbies/interests.
- List anything interesting you would like us to know about you.
- Identify the dates and location of the program you are applying to (Yoga Adaptations and Therapeutic Application Intensive Certification)
- You understand that graduates of this program are designated as specialized in adapting yoga for therapeutic applications and that this is not a yoga therapist certification as recognized by the International Association of Yoga Therapists, nor is the certification recognized by Yoga Alliance. Please initial or write out ____ Yes, I accept these terms.
- Registration and Payment
To register, answer the application questions above and send via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon acceptance, pay tuition online at prairieyoga.org > teacher trainings. Or make cash or check payment to Prairie Yoga 4701 Auvergne, Suite 104, Lisle, IL 60532. Call us with registration questions at (630) 968-3216 or email Tiffany at email@example.com.
- Please make all checks payable to Prairie Yoga. Returned checks subject to $50.00 fee.
Refunds are limited.
Download Flyer PDF
- $100 fee for refunds on or before January 3, 2018.
- $200 fee for refunds requests less than one month before first class (after January 3, 2018).
- $400 fee for refund requests on first day of class - on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
- No refunds after first day of class.