Download Overview Flyer PDF
Learn the Modern Application of Traditional Yoga
We are committed to teaching yoga in its purest form. Yoga fads come and go, but traditional yoga and its eight limbs are the foundation for all yoga instruction.
We include techniques from a variety of styles in our training. You will learn both structural alignment and breath-synchronized movement (vinyasa flow) and how to artfully combine them into intelligent sequencing.
Find Your Path
The 200 Hour Foundation Yoga Teacher Training will deepen your own personal practice and/or prepare you to intelligently teach yoga classes from your own heart-felt path.
Build a Firm Foundation
We believe that establishing a firm foundation in your own yoga practice is key to becoming an inspiring yoga teacher. You will learn how to safely use the tools and techniques from all eight limbs of yoga.
Become Connected with Yourself—and Others
Our philosophy is non-dogmatic. We offer a contemporary approach deeply rooted in the ancient wisdom of traditional yoga. By immersing yourself in the study of yoga, you move toward becoming a balanced, whole individual deeply connected with yourself, others and the world we live in.
On-Going Support and Experience – During and After
Many yoga instructor programs are built merely on coursework. At Prairie Yoga, we are committed to mentoring throughout the certification process and beyond. We build a multi-level support community around our students. During the training, you will have primary teachers and be assisted by mentors who have completed the program. Once you are done with your training, you can reach out to our faculty at any time for a reference or on-going teaching advice. You can also become a mentor yourself for new trainees, and deepen your understanding of yoga through hands-on apprenticeship. Prairie Yoga is committed to mentoring yoga instructors through out their yoga teaching career.
Choice of Schedules and Locations
We offer 4 different training schedules at our home base in Lisle, IL: Weekends, Thursdays, Evenings and a Summer Intensive.
Trainings are also held at our satellite locations in Chicago, IL, Peoria, IL , Decatur, IL , Grand Rapids, MI and Madison, WI.
Job Referrals after You Graduate
Many employers contact Prairie Yoga seeking our highly-trained graduates. We send those job opportunities to our graduates.
You Will Learn How To:
- Include all eight limbs of yoga in your practice and teaching
- Understand the energetic effects of asana, pranayama, bandha, meditation and the basic principles of Ayurveda
- Rid ourselves of habitual patterns, create a healthy balanced state and restore energy
- Train the mind to become still and develop self-awareness
- Sequence to emphasize different energetic effects, themes and intentions
- Apply key alignment principles
- Integrate the intelligent use of vinyasa (breath-synchronized movement)
- Understand anatomy of the physical and subtle bodies
- Balance the opposing forces of grounding/lightness; stability/ease; and strength/flexibility
- Introduce sound based yoga practices such as chanting and simple mantras • Refine your teaching language so it is clear and specific
- Demonstrate visually to emphasize key actions
- Adjust students manually to reinforce alignment principles in a safe and appropriate way
- Modify for common student issues • Organize a yoga class to create a supportive environment for transformation
- Market yourself as a yoga teacher; understand common yoga financial agreements and insurance; and build healthy business relationships
- Gain insight into the ethics of teaching yoga View certification requirements, schedules, registration information and application, please click on links on right side of page.
Please click on the links on right side of page to view certification requirements, schedules, flyers, registration information and application.
Upon acceptance into the training program, you are required to read and sign the Trainee Agreement provided.